Providence Health & Services Coding Specialist - Centralia General Surgery Clinic in Centralia, Washington
Providence Medical Group is calling a Coding Specialist to the Providence General Surgery Clinic in Centralia, WA.
This is a full time (Monday - Friday; Day Shift) and benefits eligible position.
The Coding Specialist is responsible for the collection of data from patient medical records.
In this position you will:
• Perform ICD-10 diagnosis, CPT procedural, and HCPCS coding by reviewing medical record documentation and determining the appropriate codes based on currently accepted coding and abstracting guidelines for billing and data collection.
• Code all diagnoses, treatments and procedures according to appropriate classification system.
• Analyze inpatient, short stay, and outpatient procedure charts for missing documentation.
• Respond to coding questions/issues and reimbursement questions from medical staff and other departments as necessary.
Required qualifications for this position include:
• Accreditation as a Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) , Certified Professional Coder (CPC) or comparable
• High School diploma or GED equivalent
• One (1) year of medical billing experience
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
• Two (2) years of community college/business school training
• Additional course work in business or health care related subjects
• Two (2) years previous medical billing experience
• General accounts receivable skills with a background in the medical field
• Knowledge of CPT, HCPC and ICD-10 coding in a busy physician group practice
• Experience with Electronic Medical Records (EMR)
About the clinic you will serve:
Providence Medical Group is a group of more than 125 primary care, specialty care and hospital-based medical providers who serve a five-county region in scenic southwest Washington. Our clinics are located in Aberdeen, Centralia, Lacey, Olympia and Rochester. With an emphasis on the medical home model, our providers and staff strive to create a distinctive health care experience for each patient – one focused on trust, respect, communication and teamwork.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence Health & Services is a not-for-profit Catholic network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services guided by a Mission of caring the Sisters of Providence began over 160 years ago. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Billing/Insurance
Req ID: 236366