Providence Health & Services Pharmacist in Centralia, Washington
Providence is calling a Pharmacist, Part Time 0.5 FTE 20 hours per week Variable weekend shift to Providence Centralia Hospital , Pharmacy in Centralia,
Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire system.
The Staff Pharmacist fills all medication orders to all inpatient and outpatient areas and ensures the prompt and accurate delivery of medications to patient. Physician orders and patient medication profiles are reviewed, processed, and checked. The Staff Pharmacist shall provide pharmaceutical and poison information to the medical staff, hospital staff, and the public. Performs special assignments as directed by the Director of Pharmacy. A Staff Pharmacist shall be responsible for recommending changes in a patient's drug therapy and capable in interpreting and evaluating physician orders for the most cost effective, appropriate therapy.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS The job duties listed are essential functions of the position. However, other duties may be assigned, and may also be considered essential functions of the position. The caregiver must be s In this position you will:
• Prepares and dispenses medication orders per physician request according to established policies, procedures, and protocols:
• Interprets medication orders (verbal and written) and transcribes to computerized patient medication profiles accurately. Maintains accurate, complete patient medication profiles.
• Compounds and dispenses pharmaceuticals, including sterile, chemotherapy, and parenteral nutrition products accurately.
• Monitors and reviews PYXIS Loads and refills.
• Ensures safe, appropriate, cost effective medication therapies for patients according to established policies, procedures, and protocols:
• Monitors drug therapy regimens for contraindications, drug-drug interactions, drug-food interactions, allergies, and appropriateness of drug and dose.
• Informs physician of non-formulary and restricted items as they are ordered and recommends appropriate substitution.
• Assists with pharmacokinetics consult service and drug dosing per organizational protocol.
• Reviews/interprets culture and susceptibility data for antibiotic appropriateness and recommends changes, as needed.
• Reads, extracts, and interprets information in patient charts accurately. • Detects and reports suspected adverse drug reactions accurately and in a timely manner.
• Sustains the formulary by minimizing non formulary procurements, utilizing therapeutic substitution protocols, and promoting rational drug therapy selection.
• Detects and reports suspected medication errors and near miss errors in a timely manner.
• Provides clinical consultation and clarification to practitioners. Suggests appropriate, cost effective therapeutic alternatives to medical staff, as needed.
• Documents all clinical activities and interventions accurately and completely.
• Provides drug information and/or education programs/information to patients and other health care professionals.
• Contributes to the quality and effective operation of the department:
• Supervises and directs pharmacy support personnel. Verifies the daily activities of pharmacy technicians.
• Works independently with minimal supervision. Organizes and prioritizes work assignments. Ensures pharmacy services are provided in a timely manner.
• Maintains competence required for current job title/position:
• Maintains current pharmacist licensure.
• Attends pharmacy staff meetings.
• Attends orientation, education, and training programs. Reviews literature and other materials pertinent to the practice of pharmacy.
• Completes all age specific competence/skills assessment.
Required qualifications this position include:
Bachelor's Degree Pharmacy, from an accredited School of Pharmacy.
• Licensed to practice as a Pharmacist within the State of Washington.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
1 year Recent experience in hospital pharmacy practice.
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Pharmacists
Req ID: 310979